Monday, June 24, 2013

Nail Art Stamping Brands Mini-Series #2: Cheeky

In 2nd place is...Cheeky!!
I chose Cheeky as my 2nd favorite brand for the following reasons:
  1. Larger designs
  2. Mirror image designs
  3. variety of different designs
  4. Designs can be used for full nail or french tips
  5. Price...extremely affordable

Originally I was thinking that Cheeky & Konad were a tie for 2nd place; but after I thought about it, I realized that once I discovered the Cheeky Jumbo IPs I stopped using Konad IPs.  The main reason being that the Cheeky IPs had more full nail designs and they were larger than the Konad designs.  And Cheeky has a wider variety of designs than +Konad Nail.   Although Konad's recent IP releases have full nail designs that are larger and fit my nails, they just don't have enough of them.

Cheeky is great quality, but I have had some issues with several images not working.  Cheeky is also available on and have about 42 designs/IP and cost about $14+.  Which makes them very affordable, and easily available.  Another thing to note about Cheeky are the type of designs; they have a lot of very "playful" images, which I don't necessarily go for those as often.  For example, hey have flip flops, candy, food, animals and image of that nature.  Now, don't get me wrong, they do have a lot of non-playful images as well but I am just partial to the Dashica Beauty Shop designs.

Cheeky has a lot of IPs and sets that they releases a few times/year...which is great.  The only think I dont really care for is that all the designs on the Jumbo IPs are the ones that can also be used as french tip designs.  This is just a personal preference, but I prefer full nail designs without the half moon look.  If my nails were shorter, I could align them so there is no half moon, but at the length I like to wear my nails that isn't an option.  Currently, I only own the jumbo IPs, but the small, round IPs they have are regular full nail designs without the half moon...but I just haven't gotten around to buying any of those, yet.  Another great thing about Cheeky, is for the jumbo IPs they offer various affordable bundle packages.

Cheeky offers 6 different IP lines:
  1. 2012 Jumbo IPs: large, rectangular metal plates with a PVC backing that measure 22.5 cm x 16.2 cm, containing about 42 designs/images per plate.  These designs are not the "playful" images like the later releases.  This line is itemized Big SdP A - K2.  Most IPs are all full nail designs, but there are a few with just small accent designs and they cost about $12.  Bundle offers available.
  2. Mega IPs: these are large, square IPs that measure 33 cm x 28 cm, with a mix of full and accent designs and the IPs have anywhere from 220 - 267 designs on a plate.  There looks to be 4 different mega IPs for purchase for $23.99.  Bundle offers available.
  3. Vibrant Collection: small, round IPs with 26 IPs in the set with 160 designs (measurements not provided on site).  This set has a nice mix of full, accent and traditional french tip designs for $23.99.  The designs are  a mix of adult and playful.
  4. Summer Collection: small, round IPs with 26 IPs in the set with 161 designs (measurements not provided on site). This set is mainly playful full nail designs, but the half moon versions; with only 6 IPs with only playful accent designs for $24.99.
  5. 2013 Gals Fairy & Princess sets: small, round IPs with 26 IPs in the set (measurements not provided on site). Surprisingly, both sets are a mix of abstract half moon, full & abstract nail designs. Based on the name of the set, I just knew they would be all playful designs.  These set are $15.99 each.
  6. 2013 Jumbo IPs: large, rectangular metal plates with a colorful PVC backing that measure 22.5 cm x 16.2 cm, containing a half and half mix of full and accent designs. These IPs are much different than most other brands in that this set has 10 individually themed IPs.  There are some really playful, but unique designs on these can tell Cheeky put a lot of thought into them.  But, the full nail designs are half moons and I will definitely be using them for specific holiday or occasion designs.  The cost $11 are numbered 1 - 10 with the theme name and are available in bundles.

What I own:
  1. 2012 Jumbo IPs: D, E, G & N
  2. 2013 Themed Jumbo IPs: 1 - 10
If you have any questions or comments leave them below.

Stay Polished At All Lo'Rain

Mega IP
2012 Jumbo
Princess set

Fairy set
2013 Themed jumbo